Monday, October 5, 2009

Ian Shive - THE NATIONAL PARKS Our American Landscape


I was lucky enough to receive a copy of The National Parks Our American landscape book this past week and have proudly showed it to my weekend dinner guests . All I can say is that it is LUSH and BEAUTIFUL and well worth grabbing a copy at Barnes and Noble. My guests and myself could not put it down and we are planning a road trip cross country just to try and find these landscapes in our treasured national parks. As dinner was ending and guests were filing out the door, I had to hide my copy to prevent it from being nicked. My favorite picture is on pages 94-95 and the photo above is of the amazing Mt Foraker in Denali National Park/Alaska. Ian Shive has photographed some delicious locations and created a coffee table book for people to enjoy for years to come. www.bn.com